31 Mar An update from our care homes
As the Government begins to gradually lift restrictions, with their planned roadmap out of lockdown, we wanted to share an update on how we are beginning to ease out of lockdown in our care homes and what this means for our residents and visitors.
This time last year we had to take the difficult decision to close our care homes to all non-essential visitors. It is incredible to think what has happened in just one year and we are very thankful for the successful roll out of the vaccination programme. We are immensely proud of the way everybody has pulled together, to ensure everybody’s safety remains our number one priority. Throughout the course of the year we have been overwhelmed with the messages of support and encouragement from all of our families and we have also been very proud of our amazing team. Thank you to each and every one of you.
In the last year we have managed to keep spirits high in a number of ways including themed days and bus trips where our residents could wave at their loved ones. You can read all about how we have been working during lockdown here.
As always we continue to closely follow government guidelines and we are pleased to have the following measures currently in place:
- We are delighted to continue to offer appointments (which need to be booked in advance). Social distancing and hand washing remain very important for everyone.
- Families have Lateral Flow Tests which we are able to offer or can be undertaken at local centres.
- With the weather getting warmer, we are looking forward to making the most of our gorgeous grounds with more outside visits.
- We have gazebo’s set up to be prepared for the often variable Great British weather.
- All areas are cleaned down after every visit and we have hand sanitizers readily available.
- We continue to provide a wide range of activities for our residents to keep spirits as high as possible during these challenging times.
- We continue to offer visits in rooms where needs indicate.
As restrictions relax in the wider community, we continue to encourage visitors to our homes whilst following government guidelines, social distancing, hand washing and infection control. To make an appointment to see an existing resident, please call the homes directly. For an appointment for a potential new resident, please call 01344 884079.
If you have any queries or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding. Keep safe everyone!