27 Mar Easter Activities for the Elderly
As Easter is just around the corner, we thought we’d share some Easter activities, especially with the elderly in mind.
Here at the Priory we are looking forward to families visiting us over the Easter holidays and we have a number of Easter activities planned for our residents.
Here are some ideas of Easter activities for the elderly:
- Colouring is a wonderful way to relax and be creative. Adult colouring books have become increasing popular too. You can print out some Easter themed colouring sheets here: http://www.supercoloring.com/coloring-pages/holidays/easter
- You can keep the grey matter ticking over with these Easter-themed word search puzzles: https://crosswordlabs.com/category/easter
- How about a game of Easter Bingo? Perfect for grandchildren to play with their grandparents over Zoom or in real life if you can. https://temeculablogs.com/easter-bingo/
- Who doesn’t love an Easter treat? From Easter biscuits to “Carrot Patch Cake”, here are some ideas for Easter baking: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/easter-baking-recipes
- You can get the whole family involved with an Easter egg painting competition. If you are looking for some inspiration, take a look here. We love the “Minion Eggs” which are simple to do but highly effective. https://apumpkinandaprincess.com/30-easter-egg-decorating-ideas/
- We love an afternoon tea at the Priory and you can add some Easter decorations and Easter treats to give your afternoon tea that extra special touch. You could also add some cheerfully decorated Easter biscuits to your afternoon tea.
- Lots of primary schools still run Easter bonnet competitions, so you could get the grandparents involved in helping with the designs.
- Easter Egg Hunts are always popular at this time of year. Even if your elderly relatives don’t take part, you can invite the family over and host an Easter Egg hunt for the older adults to watch and enjoy.
Have you got any other ideas for Easter activities with the family? We’d love to hear from you. Whatever you are doing this Easter, we hope you all have a lovely time.