28 Jun Our plans for the Summer
As things are gradually returning to some kind of normal and people are making plans for the Summer months, we wanted to share with you our own plans for this Summer. It goes without saying, that everybody’s safety has been our number one priority, but we also understand the importance of trying to keep spirits high. Here are just some of the activities our residents will be enjoying this Summer.
- At the end of June we enjoyed a socially distanced garden party and a lovely time was had by all (and of course large volumes of tea and cake were consumed)!
- We are enjoying regular picnics on the mini bus, where we drive somewhere quiet and sit watching the world go. We have planned picnics throughout the summer in our beautiful grounds, which seems very fitting as July marks national picnic month. We often enjoy alfresco lunches too, making the most of our lovely setting.
- We are starting to venture out a little more, with organised trips and have just returned to swimming which is wonderful. We are also running very small shopping trips when we know it’s quiet. Our ultimate trip would be to go to the seaside so fingers crossed that will take place soon.
- We visit local beauty spots such as Coworth Park and Henley-on-Thames. Where possible we have been enjoying socially distanced walks and making the most of the (mainly) glorious weather.
- 18th July is Ice Cream Day, but we don’t need an excuse to enjoy ice cream and we have a few events planned, including an ice cream social afternoon on the 4th July!
- Church is also a regular part of our community and activities. We are very lucky that two staff members (Sian and Fidelma) have been trained to be Eucharistic ministers so we have been able to administer Holy communion to our residents, which offers comfort and continuity to many. We also regularly watch Mass from Ascot Priory and St Joseph’s church in Bracknell, thanks to the latest technology and our large screen.
We’ve tried to keep life as normal as possible and tried to lift spirits, whilst keeping everybody safe and well. We will continue to do our best to keep our residents safe, happy and smiling this summer and beyond. If you have any questions or would like to find out more, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.