01 Feb Let’s spread a little kindness this February
February is traditionally the month of love, with many people celebrating Valentine’s Day on the 14th. But did you know that the 17th February is Random Acts of Kindness Day? We believe love and kindness should be celebrated whatever your age, so we’re sharing some ideas to spread a little kindness this February.
You can print these activities out and send them to a loved one:
- Colouring is a wonderful way to relax and be creative. Adult colouring books have become increasing popular too. You can print out some Valentine themed colouring sheets here.
- You can keep the grey matter ticking over with these Valentine-themed word search puzzles or Valentines Sudoku puzzles. Pop them in a card to a loved one and let them know you are thinking about this them February.
- How about a game of virtual Valentine’s bingo? Perfect for grandchildren to play with their grandparents over Zoom or in real life if you can.
Send a Gift
Here are just a few ideas of things you could send to a loved one to let them know you are thinking about them this February:
- You could bake some heart shaped treats for your loved ones to enjoy. From cupcakes to cookies you can find some lovely recipe ideas here: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/valentines-baking-recipes
- Or lots of local businesses are arranging afternoon teas for delivery or meals to enjoy from the comfort of your own home. This has the added bonus of supporting local businesses who might be struggling due to the last few years.
- Flowers and houseplants will always be well received and will also cheer up somebody’s home. If you send artificial plants or flowers they will last forever!
- Write a hand written letter or card – who doesn’t love to receive a letter in the post?
- Send a DVD of a feel-good film or some nice uplifting music for somebody to enjoy.
- How about turning any old videos or cassettes into a memory stick, so your loved one can enjoy a trip down memory lane?
Finally, if you are wondering how you can spread a little kindness, there are lots of lovely ideas on the kindness.org website, who believe that small acts can make a difference and we couldn’t agree more! What will you do this February to spread a little kindness? We’d love to know!